The Art of Self-Publishing
Perhaps you are writing your memoirs for future generations; crafted your first novel; have a passion for poetry, short stories or flash fiction; or just want to share your specialist knowledge with a wider audience. This exciting new online course will guide you through the practicalities and logistics of publishing your work in for fun and profit.
During the 4-week online course you’ll learn how to publish your work to suit your writing and your audience as I show you how to stand out from the crowd by guiding you step-by-step through the process I use myself whether I’m publishing the latest Hysteria anthology or writing a blog post.
What you will learn during the course?
- How your objective determines just what you could or should do with your work.
- The easiest ways to polish your words to perfection as you edit and format like a pro.
- How to layout your work for your chosen format. It can be a book, ebook, blog post or social media update.
- How to create a ‘cover’ that catches the eye of your potential readers, regardless of where they are.
- What to do when you’re ready to hit ‘publish’.
Is this course right for you?
If you answer YES to any of the points below, then you belong on this course:
- You have a manuscript ready to go but have failed to find a traditional publisher.
- Your family and friends keep pestering you to ‘publish your diary’ as it’s too fascinating not to share.
- You have amassed a huge number of short stories and don’t know what to do with them.
- Your poetry is going well at Open Mic events and the audience are asking for more.
- You want to give a copy of your work as Christmas or birthday gifts.
- You keep being asked to share your top tips and industry secrets with your peers and clients.
- You want to add value to your workshops and training sessions.
In addition you’ll get:
Each week there will be a LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOP of around 1-1.5 hours where I’ll guide you through the process of getting your words into some sort of print. And don’t worry if you can’t make a session, each one will be recorded and shared in the course pages so you can catch up at your leisure.
- Week 1 – Planning for publishing success vs hope publishing.
- Week 2 – Editing and formatting your work.
- Week 3 – Applying the finishing touches
- Week 4 – Hitting ‘publish’
You’ll get a COMPREHENSIVE WORKBOOK you can follow during and after the course to remind you what we covered.
Get FREE RESOURCES including essential templates, ‘how to’ videos, infographics, and lots of other content to help you along the way to publishing success.
Lifetime access to the course, all content and videos from the 4 LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOPS.
Special opportunities to SHARE YOUR BOOK with my community of readers and followers, as well as your fellow course members.